Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   Mako Duke - nouveau planche surf d'Ocean Rodeo

Re: Mako Duke - nouveau planche surf d'Ocean Rodeo

Messagepar Denis » Mer 29 Avr 2015 16:42

seanrmz a écrit:HI Todd, the Mako, still up un hatteras? we will be arriving there on Saturday. Were 6 guys who would love to try it out ocean side.

thanks
sean

@sean

go see Normand or Gilles at 30Noeuds

they are in Salvo
http://30noeuds.com/wordpress/?page_id=4082
Denis

Messagepar orsales » Mer 29 Avr 2015 17:10

Merci Denis! Content que t'a eu la chance d'esseyer.
Happy you were able to demo it (briefly). I think that 30Noeuds has it in Longueuil for demo so that you can get some more time on it.

Sean, 30 Noeuds is in the OBX until May 16, so you will be able to demo it with them while you're there :) Talk to Etienne about options. +1-450-651-6465

The board is in hot demand. All dealers in the world are sold out of inventory until we receive more towards May 20th or so and most of those are pre-sold.

FYI, Ocean Rodeo is offering our Canadian customers pricing at par with the USD. $1 CAD = $1 USD

There will be an Average Joe review similar to this one (17m Kite Tests http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2383535) coming out soon.
orsales

Messagepar makogirl » Jeu 30 Avr 2015 17:04

Hi Todd,

I did démo the Duke 2 days ago, at kitty hawck , the wind was off shore and tricky so was my short session,

I felt very confortable on it, for once I felt my feets at the right place ( not too spread apart) I am 5 , 3 ,,

I was on the duke and the Shinnster,, it felt a little bouncy at first and couldn't appreciate it at is value.

for now,,, I felt better on the shinnster BUT,,,, I will give it another try because I ride the makos since 2006, and I love and trust the product.

the idea of the concave on the Duke, I am on the cape for another month and will have time to ride it again.

I 'll be back !

Monik
makogirl

Messagepar Denis » Jeu 30 Avr 2015 17:38

Monik

Il faut vraiment que tu re-essaye car le 5 minutes que j'ai testé c'etait dans la chop a Salvo par un vent nord de 20+ noeuds et le feeling du board etait smooth et stable
Denis

Messagepar orsales » Ven 01 Mai 2015 15:18

Monik,
Thanks for giving the Mako Duke a try while in the OBX and thanks for riding Makos since 2006!

The one thing that I would suggest doing on the Duke is to really try moving around a lot to get to know it. Don't be afraid to get your front foot into the grey honeycomb area at the front of the board. I ride with my back foot at the very front of the rear deck pad unless I am going for a big carve turn.

Are you able to see this video in the link below? It is from a customer in Victoria, BC, at the local beach on Dallas Rd.
https://www.facebook.com/adrian.betanzo/videos/10155601189765651/

Looking forward to your thoughts, even if you don't like it after you have the chance to get another shot on it.

-Todd

PS: I have not tried the Shinnster yet but Mark Shinn knows how to make great boards and I look forward to trying it soon at Nitinaht Lake.
orsales

Messagepar makogirl » Ven 08 Mai 2015 08:20

hi Todd,, did tried it on strong gusty north wind on the sound, strapless was a little tricky to much shops but, would carve easy and smooth.
did not feel the concave much on front turns, was stable and nice. next time, I will try it whit the straps.
The only thing or now is the cosmetic, its weird and and fading away fast. in a little while, the nice bright orange will turn white. you should look at it.
Monik
makogirl

Messagepar Denis » Lun 20 Juil 2015 20:56

finally mon review de la duke !!

Au cap j'avais ridé la duke a peine 5 minutes et j'etais resté sur le feeling de wow mais c'est quoi ca je ne comprenais pas (5 minutes pas assez).

Finalement j'ai pu ridé la Duke pour la peine dans des conditions de 10m, 12m, et 17m, de la petite vague 3 pieds, de la chop et du flat pour un total d'au moins 5h de ride. Maintenant faut je retourne le démo :(

Ce board est malade. J'en veux 1 mais j'ai trop de matos. Voici la liste de ce qui a mon impression rends ce board malade.

- premierement dans la chop, c'est smooth, c'est un chop eater comme la Mako traditionnelle fut. et le board est super stable.

- en light wind le board avec son concave fonctionne super bien, et le upwind est tres efficace, malgré qu'il est court (5'4''), et semble avoir un rocker pas trop prononcé, planning assez vite

- le float du board est impressionnant pour un si petit board, il a quand meme 25L de volume mais c'est pas enorme pour mon poids. il est facile de se tenir partout sur le board, le point de balance sur le board est tres grand, meme pu rider downwind en placant les 2 pieds sur le devant et garder le float.

- le full deck pad est efficace

- le carving est bon, en mettant plus de poids a l'arriere, il carve sur un court rayon surement du a la position des ailerons qui sont placés tres a l'arriere

- en ridant le board sur le rail les pieds au milieu, avec le concave, ca rippe upwind, et c'est encore plus smooth

le gros defaut

reste juste a Ocean Rodeo de mettre des ailerons de meilleure qualité, presentement le set d'ailerons est en pladtique et dépareillé (pas standard), un peu compliqué a remplacer par autre chose...

finalement un surf de 5'4'' qui couvre tout ce range ca ferait un super surf de voyage facile a transporter :D

bon je vais vendre quelque chose.... :lol:
Denis

Messagepar Denis » Mar 21 Juil 2015 13:48

Un update de Todd pour les fins.....

ah ben la ;-)

orsales a écrit:Image

Allo Denis,

Thanks for the review.

The first 50 boards made were shipped with the generic white Futures fins. The thought with those is that they do not add a lot of cost to the board but more importantly, they absorb more impact that glass fins and do not transfer the damage to the board. That being said they do not look that great and it's an $899 board. So we had the chance to put in higher grade fins and we did that. The majority of the first 50 boards produced were sold to stores as demos so very few consumer boards have them. Those that do, received their boards 2 months ahead of the next group. All boards at 30 Noeuds, other than the demo, should have the new fins like in the image attached.

We knew that we had a great product on our hands but didn't expect it to sell as well as it has. Every board that we have received into stock has been presold 30 days before they arrive.

If you get the chance, try an OR Prodigy sometime, or 17m Flite.

Todd
Denis

Messagepar Rotule » Mar 21 Juil 2015 18:01

J'ai ridé la Duke que Denis avais sur un spot très secret samedi passé. (wink wink si denis était là on sais tout c'est ou ;) )

J'en ai pas très long à dire car je l'ai essayé très rapidement

C'est très impressionnait comment elle est comfortable à rider dans la chop, ca fent tout sur sont passage.

Le point "négatif" que j'ai trouvé (pour moi) est que les virages sont lent (en essayant de faire des mini cutback j'avais de la misère à la faire décrocher) c'est probablement dû au fait que les ailerons sont très rapproché dans l'axe longitudinale. Ca donne une très grande stabilité par contre. Ca fit juste pas à mon style, pas assez de pivot.

Je pense que c'est une planche qui gagne à être essayé, très intéressant.
Kites: Core Section 4M, Core Section II 6M, GTS3 9M
Boards: Hydrofoil Moses Onda 633 71cm Avec une planche T22.
Rotule

Précédent

Retour vers FULL KITE