Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   down-wind au Vietnam

down-wind au Vietnam

Messagepar amon » Dim 29 Mars 2015 14:34

Parfait pour M.Normand kiterider!

Lu sur Kiteforum.com

Team kitesurfs 155 kilometers of Vietnamese coast in 8 hours

Vietnam Kiteboarding School says it has set a record. Kitesurfers at the school challenged themselves to ride further in one day than ever done before in Asia. Ideal kitesurfing conditions came on March 25, with north-easterly winds predicted at up to 30+ knots per hour. 8 brave kitesurfers from all around the world rode from Mui Ne to Vung Tau in Vietnam.

Vietnam Kiteboarding School located in Mui Ne Beach was the perfect starting location for this one of a kind kitesurf trip. The group landed kites at the finish in Vung Tau just before nightfall, covering 155 kilometers in 8 hours.

Team leader Hai Dang Tran was worried they could not complete the ride before sunset. In the final exhausting hours, his mind was focused on the group’s safety. A decision had to be made: move faster or abandon their goal. The riders were inspired to persevere by a crowd of cheering locals along the coastline.

Among the riders was former KTA-tour winner Kin Nguyen. The 36-year-old has sustained many injuries in his kitesurfing career. He said it was the most challenging down-wind trip of his life: “When we left in the morning many called us crazy. Without really knowing if this trip was physically possible we just gave it our best shot. I heard I can get a great massage in Vung Tau, I can definitely use one right now!"

Mr. Hai’s next challenge is to kite down wind along the entire coast of Vietnam, covering an unbelievable 2000 kilometers in 4 weeks. The kitesurfing veteran is exploring sponsorship opportunities for the ride, scheduled for the summer of 2016.

For more details, contact Mr. Hai at Vietnam Kiteboarding School Mui Ne
Que le vent se lève pour taire ce silence .
amon

Retour vers FULL KITE